The majority of mainstream sunscreens are bad for 2 reasons:
- they prevent you from getting the benefits from the sun (and missing out on Vitamin D3)
- they contain a number of harmful chemicals
There has been a lot of research into Vitamin D3 and it has been shown to naturally boost the immune system and improve mood. Applying sunscreen will minimise your body’s absorption of this crucial vitamin.
Most common sunscreens contain active ingredients such as Oxybenzone, Cinoxate, Homosalate, Octocrylene and/or Parabens. These create a range of health issues from skin irritations to hormone disruption.
Should I not use sunscreen?
If you’re only going to be in the sun for 15-20 minutes, you should not apply sunscreen. This allows you to reap all the benefits from the sun and you will not do damage to your skin.
If you’re going to be in the sun longer, use a natural sunscreen. A mineral sunscreen contains zinc or titanium and does not breakdown in sunlight. They are also more effective at blocking UVA rays than non-minerals.
What we highly recommend: Modere SPF 50+
- Protection from UV-A and UV-B rays that often lead to solar keratosis, sunspots, and premature skin aging — no leather face here!
- Suitable on the face and sensitive skin, formulated for the whole family
- Rich in antioxidants, minerals and nourishing ingredients to protect and moisturize the skin as well as fight skin aging
- Water resistant for up to four hours
- Light, sleek formula glides onto skin for easy, yet thorough coverage
- No nanotechnology
- Zinc oxide provides a physical barrier with no white film – take that sun!
Modere actively avoids using over 3000 questionable ingredients, producing products that are 100% safety conscious, environmentally friendly, never tested on animals and highly effective!
“We’ve tried countless sunscreens, chemical, natural, you name it. This is the only one we have tried that my son doesn’t have an allergic reaction to. It goes on easily, is non-greasy and free of dodgy chemicals. We’re onto our 8th tube!” – Corrinne, Brisbane
“This is the only sunscreen I will put on my kids because I know there is nothing nasty in it!” – Susan, Fremantle