Detox Your Home
It is widely known that exposure to toxins is one of the leading causes of health problems in the 21st century. But what most people don’t realise is that the majority of these toxins are actually found in their own home! You need to detox your home!
Products with harmful chemicals include everyday items such as:
- body wash
- and lots more
Some of the worst ingredients found in these products include sodium lauryl sulphate, propylene glycol and parabens. For a full list visit our toxic exposure page. A number of these can cause irritations to the skin and in some cases, neurological and reproductive damage, and even cancer!
A typical home has between 500-1000 chemicals present, with many of these harmful to our health. What’s more alarming is the effect this can have on newborn babies. Even extremely low levels of toxins can impact brain development and cause lifelong effects.
Many people perform a detox to eliminate toxins from their body. But hardly anyone considers a detox to eliminate toxins from their home!
8 Ways to Detox your Home
- Ensure clean airflow (open windows and doors regularly to improve ventilation and air quality)
- Get a water filter (more than 700 chemicals have been found in drinking water)
- Have your gas heater inspected regularly (for carbon monoxide leaks)
- Switch your cleaning products from mainstream brands to more natural products
- Replace personal care products with safety-conscious alternatives (including shower gel, shampoos, toothpaste, cosmetics, deodorant)
- Be smart with plastic (always use BPA-free and never microwave plastic)
- Dust and vacuum regularly (more dust means more potential toxins)
- Embrace clothing made of organic cotton or bamboo, natural fibres.
- Avoid pots and pans with Teflon (as it contains PFC’s which are linked to cancer)