Alcohol Free Mouthwash
Antiseptics kill off good bacteria in your mouth, one of which (Nitrite) helps keep the blood vessels dilated. Killing off this bacteria can increase your risk of stroke. That’s why an alcohol free mouthwash should be in your bathroom!
Products like Listerine contain alcohol which dries and changes the pH of the mouth and throat. Studies have shown a number of health issues from alcohol-based mouthwashes.
What we recommend: Modere Mouth Rinse
Modere Mouth Rinse is alcohol-free and doesn’t have the harsh taste or burning of ordinary mouthwash. It is ideal for freshening breath and dissolves food film that clings to the teeth and builds up on the gums.
It has a number of other applications around the home. These include reducing acne, cooling effect on burns and keeps baby bottles fresher for longer. It can also be used to reduce foot/shoe odour, keep fruit and veg fresher long, deters mildew on shower curtains, keep toys smelling clean.
In fact it has an amazing 100 different uses. It may just be the best multi-purpose product on the market!!
Benefits of a natural mouthwash
A natural mouthwash can cure ulcers, gum disease, gingivitis and eliminate bad breath. Here are some other tips to improve your oral health.
Treating Mouth Ulcers:
- Drink plenty of filtered water.
- Avoid spicy foods until the ulcers heal.
- Regularly gargle with Modere mouth rinse.
- Keep your mouth clean (the previous step will help).
Treating Gum Disease:
- Eat more fruit and vegetables.
- Take an antioxidant supplement.
- Use a garlic and tumeric paste.
- Regularly gargle a natural mouthwash (yes you know the one).
Treating Bad Breathe:
- Regularly replace your toothbrush.
- Chew a piece of lemon or orange rind (the citric acid will stimulate your salivary glands).
- Brush after every meal, and make sure you brush your tongue.
- Use an alcohol free mouthwash.