Small children are known to innocently swallow up to 50% of their toothpaste every time they brush. That’s why using a natural toothpaste is so important! Ingredients commonly found in mainstream toothpastes, such as sodium lauryl sulphate, triclosan, propylene glycol and fluoride have been found to be more toxic when ingested than when taken intravenously.
Dangers with common ingredients found in mainstream toothpastes
- Sodium lauryl sulphate – linked to cancer, neurotoxicity, organ toxicity, skin irritation and endocrine disruption
- Triclosan – abnormalities with the endocrine system, birth defects and a weakening of the immune system
- Propylene glycol – can be rapidly absorbed through the skin, with prolonged contact leading to brain, liver and kidney abnormalities
- Fluoride – not as toxic as the other ingredients but can cause stomach ailments, skin rashes, impairment in glucose metabolism and a range of other issues. To strengthen bones you should regularly take a colloidal mineral solution rather than relying on fluoride.
If your toothpaste contains any of these ingredients we strongly suggest you switch to a natural toothpaste.
What we highly recommend: Modere toothpaste
Modere’s product is an SLS and fluoride free toothpaste, with no sugars, artificial colours or flavours. The special non-abrasive cleaning agents in make it suitable for those with sensitive teeth and gums. Non-toxic, gentle and effective – plus natural peppermint oil delivers fresh breath. Also, you only need a little bit on your brush each time, meaning the tube lasts much longer than normal toothpastes!
This organic toothpaste also works great in conjunction with the alcohol-freee mouth rinse.
Modere actively avoids using over 3000 questionable ingredients, producing products that are 100% safety conscious, environmentally friendly, never tested on animals and highly effective!
“I absolutely love this product. My mouth never felt very good after using conventional toothpaste until I made the switch to Modere. My teeth feel clean, my mouth is fresh and I have the comfort of knowing that there are no toxins. A tube lasts ages” – Cheryl, Melbourne
“I am back at work and feeling pretty good after mouth surgery. I had my stitches out on Friday and my surgeon was so surprised that I had no bruising and very little swelling! I used Balance cream every day and the anti-inflammatory tablets and the bone and muscle tablets. I have been using the Modere mouthwash every few hours to further promote healing and am loving it! Thanks for introducing me to these products.” – Gail, Rockhampton
“I recently went to the dentist for the first time in 6 years. At my last visit in 2009, I had 8 potentially “bad” teeth which needed monitoring, so I was expecting the worst when I finally booked an appointment several years later. To my surprise, the dentist informed me I now only had 3 questionable teeth which required minor fillings. Even during the procedure, the dentist said 2 of the cavities were shallower than he expected and didn’t even need to use a local anaesthetic. I am very confident that using Modere SLS free toothpaste and mouth rinse for the last couple of years played a big part in turning my oral health around!” – Elliot, Glen Iris
“This is a must have in every bathroom! This non fluoride toothpaste leaves you with that clean, fresh mouth feel after every brush. Love that it also contains no sugar. Safe for my kids with no nasties” – Tina, Chatswood
Every day, you wash your hair, brush your teeth and use personal care and household cleaning products. Let’s make sure the products you are using are free from any potentially harmful ingredients!