Natural Remedies For Anxiety
Juggling the multiple demands of modern life can leave us more than a little frazzled. That’s where natural remedies for anxiety can play a big part in our health.
While we aim to effectively manage stress, under constant pressure our coping mechanisms will eventually reach the tipping point. This is where anxiety, irritability and insomnia can show up.
Here are some easy anxiety remedies:
- Regular exercise, preferably every day, will increase the release of endorphins. These are the ‘feel good’ hormones which help block pain, decrease appetite, create a feeling of euphoria (the exercise high) and reduce tension and anxiety
- Practice meditation, yoga, guided visualisation and/or breathing techniques
- Express your creativity. Take up a hobby or do a course, painting, singing, writing or gardening.
- Reduce pro-inflammatory foods in your diet including saturated fats, refined foods and sugar
- Eat a minimally processed diet rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients and bioflavanoids
Some great natural health products to reduce anxiety:
Stress Health – contain natural ingredients that can effectively assist in alleviating the effects of daily stress, nervous tension and mild anxiety. Contains Lactium, which stimulates the activity of Gamma-Amino Butyric Acid (GABA), a neuro-transmitter known to inhibit anxiety and the stress response in the brain; promoting a more relaxed state. It also contains herbs such as St John’s wort which further promotes calm.
De-stress – high quality essential oils containing the soothing scents of rosewood, bergamot, patchouli, frankincense and geranium. Also very good for helping you relax for sleep when your mind is racing.
When used in conjunction with regular exercise and a health diet, Stress Health and De-stress are both incredibly effective at helping anxiety naturally.